FIXTURE ANALYSER & OPTIMISER (v4.4)
The tool offers the possibility to evaluate and optimise assembly fixtures, with the following capability:
• Variation Simulation Analysis (VSA) for deformable parts
• Assembly process simulation with compliant sheet-metal parts
• Fixture capability optimisation with stochastic product variations
• Fixture design synthesis of assembly systems
• Fixture design tasks’ integration at early-stage design
• Robust fixture layout optimisation with non-ideal sheet-metal parts
• Novel concept of fixture capability as a representation of the most likely feasible design solutions
The optimum fixture configuration is based on the concept of "Stochastic Fixture Capability" index, which allows for the estimation of a desired process fallout rate in the case of product quality failures or violation of process requirements during production, in the presence of stochastic variations as generating from real manufacturing process.
Figure 1. Software Interface of the "Fixture Layout Analyser & Optimiser" software.
Figure 2. Concept of "Stochastic Fixture Capability" index.
Figure 3. Fixture Analyser & Optimiser - software introduction
Figure 4. Fixture Analyser & Optimiser - remote laser welding process optimisation