Dr Gupta is a Project Engineer at the Digital Lifecycle Management group. His research area includes integration of statistical data mining, machine learning, big data analysis and predictive modelling with manufacturing and healthcare domains in the area of healthcare service delivery systems. The statistical concepts and various techniques are being used for modelling of service delivery for the patient care system in the UK for type-1 accident and emergency departments in order to identify the bottlenecks and propose the respective solutions. Further work would also employ the concepts of machine learning to develop the service delivery model of the patient care.
Dr Gupta obtained his Bachelor's and Master's from the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. During his studies, he focused on laser surface hardening of high carbon steels. He then went on to work as a Business Analyst in Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
After gaining some industry experience in data analysis and data science, he continued his studies as a PhD student at WMG, University of Warwick and graduated in 2016. In his PhD, Dr Gupta integrated the concepts of machining and machine learning by developing a neural network for prediction of thrust force and torque for machining. Dr Gupta is currently working on publishing journal articles based on his PhD work.
- Aniruddha Gupta, Helen Ascroft, Stuart Barnes, ‘Effect of chisel edge in ultrasonic assisted drilling of carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRP)’ at 7th HPC 2016 – CIRP Conference on High Performance Cutting, 31 May – 02, June 2016, Chemnitz, Germany (DOI: 10.1016/j.procir.2016.04.026)
- Nadia Kourra, Jason M. Warnett, Alex Attridge, Ercihan Kiraci, Aniruddha Gupta, Stuart Barnes and Mark A. Williams (2015) 'Metrological study of CFRP drilled holes with X-ray Computed Tomography' International Journal Of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Aniruddha Gupta, Stuart Barnes, Iain McEwen, Nadia Kourra and Mark A. Williams, 'Study of Cutting Speed Variation in the Ultrasonic Assisted Drilling of Carbon Fibre Composites' at ASME 2014 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Montreal, Canada [Conference Proceedings (Peer Reviewed)] [Link to paper] (download)
- Stuart BARNES, Helen ASCROFT, Pipat BHUDWANNACHAI, Aishah Najiah DAHNEL, Aniruddha GUPTA, 'Advances in Cryogenic and Ultrasonic assisted Machining” (invited Keynote address)' at 16th International Conference on Machine Design and Production , Ýzmir, Turkey [Invited Paper]
- Analysis of drilled holes on carbon fibre material with X-ray computed tomography by Kourra, Nadia, Williams, M. A. (Mark A.), Attridge, Alex, Warnett, Jason, Barnes, Stuart and Gupta, Aniruddha, 2014 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace), Benevento, Italy, 29–30 May 2014, (Number CFP1432W).
- Theoretical and experimental study on laser surface hardening by repetitive laser pulses by Ashish Kumar Nath, Aniruddha Gupta, Frederick Benny Surface & Coatings Technology, Vol.206 pp2602-2615 (2012 [Link to paper] (download)
- Temperature Field of Repetitive Laser Pulse Irradiation and Its Effect on Laser Surface Hardening by Aniruddha Gupta and Ashish Kumar Nath Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol110-116 pp823-830 (2012) [Link to paper] (download)
- Modelling of KKG steam generator using TRACE by A. Gupta, PSI Technical Report TM-41-10-05 V.0 (05 July 2010), SB-RND-ACT-007-08.002