Senior Research Fellow
• Solidification process, grain refinement and crystal growth
• Corrosion and Protection
• Liquid Solder interconnects for high temperature applications
• Aluminium and steel application
Dr Hiren Kotadia is a Senior Research Fellow at WMG department of University of Warwick. Prior to joining WMG, he was an Industrial Researcher for Constellium and Postdoctoral researcher at the King's College London. Dr Kotadia has profound understanding of fundamental physical metallurgy and engineering challenges in both ferrous and non-ferrous metallic materials; from solidification to forming and joining. Dr Kotadia has published 25 scientific papers in reputable international journals (e.g. Acta Materialia) and 15 conference papers. His research has led to real industrial impact through the development of new alloys and processing routes to develop high-strength Al-Mg-Si (6xx.x) alloy. Through work he has established an extensive network with renowned academics in the UK, Germany, France, USA, Australia, Japan, China, Malaysia and India, and companies in the UK, South Korea and Netherland including JLR, Novelis, POSCO. He is the recipient of various awards, including the outstanding conference paper award at ICEPTHDP 2011 in China and the second prize for best conference paper at IEEE Nano 2012 selected by Nobel Laureate Andre Geim.
• A Rahnama, H Kotadia, S Sridhar, Effect of Ni alloying on the microstructural evolution and mechanical properties of two duplex light-weight steels during different annealing temperatures: Experiment and phase-field simulation, Acta Materialia, Volume 132, 15 June 2017, Pages 627-643.
• HR Kotadia, M Qian, DG Eskin, A Das, On the microstructural refinement in commercial purity Al and Al-10 wt% Cu alloy under ultrasonication during solidification, Materials & Design, Volume 132, 15 October 2017, Pages 266-274.
• HR Kotadia, PD Howes, SH Mannan, A review: on the development of low melting temperature Pb-free solders, Microelectronics Reliability, Volume 54, Issues 6–7, June–July 2014, Pages 1253-1273.
• HR Kotadia, O Mokhtari, MP Clode, MA Green, SH Mannan, Intermetallic compound growth suppression at high temperature in SAC solders with Zn addition on Cu and Ni–P substrates, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 511, Issue 1, 15 January 2012, Pages 176-188.
• A Das, HR Kotadia, Effect of high-intensity ultrasonic irradiation on the modification of solidification microstructure in a Si-rich hypoeutectic Al–Si alloy, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Volume 125, Issue 3, 15 February 2011, Pages 853-859.
Full list of publication on Google Scholar