The Part variation Modeller Simulation Tool generates virtual non-ideal part or assembly based on CAD data (including GD&T specifications) and measurement data (i.e., cloud of points). It has capability for: (i) Variation
Simulation Analysis for deformable sheet-metal parts; (ii) part error characterisation for single part and batch of parts. The tool implements innovative methods to simulate “within batch” and “batchto-batch” variation. Tool’s integration capabilities are: (i) calculation of part fit-up to satisfy joint performance; (ii) definition and optimisation of locator/clamp layout (if integrated with the Fixture Layout Analyzer and Optimizer); (iii) extract significant deformation patterns from high dense cloud of points. Figure 1. shows the tool’s user interface with some snapshots of the so-calculated deformation patters of a door inner panel.
Figure 1. Part Variation Modeller interface simulation tool
What is it?
- Software package for virtual modelling of deformation patterns of sheet-metal part/assembly
What does it do?
- Generates virtual part or assembly models based on part CAD and/or measurement data
- Variation Simulation Analysis for deformable parts
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) for surface measurements (cloud of points data) used in stamping process or/and assembly
- Facilitates design optimisation for improved part and assembly performance
- Provides an analysis tool for surface measurements (cloud of points data) used in stamping process or/and assembly
- Facilitates root cause analysis in stamping and assembly processes