You may apply for a licence to use this software free for academic / non commercial use. If you would like to trial or use this software for a commercial project, licensing terms can be arranged on application.
- Please include your organisational (work) email address to help verify your identity
- Include a brief description of your intended application or research area below
- Typically allow 48 hours for registration approval
(a) Bin version
Fixture Analyser and Optimiser can be installed following two main steps:
(1) copy the setup package on the local computer/PC (for example: "C:\Demo"). If required, download and install
a. VCR 2013 (Visual C++ Runtime). It can be downloaded for free at
b. MCR R2013b (Matlab runtime). It can be downloaded for free at: http://uk.mathworks.com/products/compiler/mcr/index.html
(2) Run "fixtureAnalyserOptimiser.exe".
(b) Source files
Fixture Analyser and Optimiser can be executed directly within Matlab, as follows:
(1) copy the setup package on the local computer/PC (for example: "C:\Demo"). If required, download and install VCR 2013 (Visual C++ Runtime). It can be downloaded for free at
(2) Run the script "fixture_analyser_optimiser.m". The main software architecture is Matlab-based and is compatible with Matlab 2014b or later.
The software package integrates MEX-C++ routines, which takes advantages of multi-core CPUs capability and x64 platforms (x32 platforms are no longer supported). The software has been tested on Windows machines with no reported bug. Linux and Mac machines will be supported soon.