Senior Research Fellow
International Manufacturing Centre, WMG
University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0)2476 573422
Office: IMC - room 351 (3rd Floor)
Senior Researcher at University of Warwick, visiting professor at University of Naples (Italy) and CIRP research associate. My focus is CAD/CAM/FEM, process monitoring, closed loop quality control, machine learning, multi-disciplinary optimization, with specific attention for automotive assembly systems and laser joining technology. In 2010 I completed a PhD in Mechanical Engineering System at the University of Naples Federico II, Italy. Prior to that I was a Teaching Assistant at MIT (Boston - USA) undertaking research on robotics, motion and constraint analysis. In 2007 I was a Visiting Scholar at the Institut Supérieur de Mécanique de Paris – SUPMECA (Paris - France) working on variation simulation of compliant assembly systems.
I have published over 70 papers and received several best paper awards. I have been coordinating and managing the technical development of several academic and industrial-driven projects. Currently, I am responsible for the development and deployment of remote laser welding solutions to similar and dissimilar materials. I serve on the editorial board of the ASTM SSME journal, and committees of several international conferences.
(1) Emile Glorieux; Pasquale Franciosa; Darek Ceglarek; “End-Effector Design Optimisation and Multi-Robot Motion Planning for Handling Compliant Parts”, Structural and Multi-disciplinary Optimization, Volume 57, Issue 3, pp 1377–1390, 2018.
(2) Chen Luo; Pasquale Franciosa; Pasquale Ceglarek; Zhonghua Ni Jia, Fang; “A Novel Geometric Tolerance Modeling Inspired by Parametric Space Envelope”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 10.1109/TASE.2018.2793920, 2018.
(3) Vahid Jandaghi Shahi; Abolfazl Masoumi; Pasquale Franciosa; Dariusz Ceglarek; “Quality-driven Optimization of Assembly Line Configuration for Multi-Station Assembly Systems with Compliant Non-Ideal Sheet Metal Parts”, Proceeding of CIRP CAT 2018, Milano, Italy.
(4) Manoj Babu; Pasquale Franciosa; Dariusz Ceglarek; “Shape Error Modelling and Analysis by Conditional Simulations of Gaussian Random Fields for Compliant Non-Ideal Sheet Metal Parts”, Proceeding of CIRP CAT 2018, Milano, Italy.
RECENT INVITED SPEECHS
(1) Precitec Open House (June 2018, Gaggenau - Germany) Industry Conference with focus on cutting and laser welding applications. Title of the presentation: Closed-loop Quality Control System for Remote Laser Welding of Aluminium Door.
(2) Data-driven process improvement (June 2018, WMG) – networking event. Title of the presentation: Closed-loop In-Process Quality Improvement: Right First Time Production through Digital Technologies.
(3) Automotive Circle - Joining in Car Body Engineering (April 2018, Bad Nauheim - Germany) – Industry Conference with focus on joining process in body in white applications - Joint presentation between JLR and WMG - Title of the presentation: Closed-Loop Quality Control System for Remote Laser Welding of Aluminium BiW Components: Current Development and Future Strategy.