David Fengwei Xie - Xie Group - WMG, University of Warwick
David Fengwei Xie
Dr Fengwei Xie holds a BE degree (2004) in Biological Engineering and a PhD degree (2009) in Polysaccharide Engineering from South China University of Technology (China) and a Graduate Certificate degree (2014) in Higher Education from The University of Queensland (Australia). Since 2008, he has worked as a research fellow at the University of Guelph (Canada), Université de Strasbourg (France), and The University of Queensland (Australia), being involved in multiple research projects supported by governments and industry. In 2017, he started at the University of Warwick as an IAS WIRL-COFUND Fellow. In 2018, he was sent to the California Institute of Technology (USA) on secondment. From 2019 to 2020, he was working at WMG, University of Warwick as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellow. He then continued his career at WMG as an EPSRC Fellow.
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (GCHEd), 2014, The University of Queensland, Australia
- PhD in Polysaccharide Engineering, 2009, South China University of Technology, China
- BE in Biological Engineering, 2004, South China University of Technology, China
- University of Warwick, UK: MSCA WIRL-COFUND Fellow, 10/2017–12/2018; MSCA Individual Fellow, 01/2019–12/2020; EPSRC Fellow, 01/2021–Present
- California Institute of Technology, USA: Visiting Fellow, 04/2018–06/2018
- The University of Queensland, Australia: UQ Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 02/2009–02/2012; Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 02/2012–12/2013; Research Fellow, 01/2014–08/2017; Honorary Research Fellow, 09/2017–08/2020
- Université de Strasbourg, France: Visiting Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 09/2010 & 09/2011–10/2011
- University of Guelph, Canada: Post Doctoral Fellow, 08/2008–11/2008
Dr Xie's research has led to over a hundred journal publications (see the full list of publications) with over 6k citations (11/2021, Google Scholar).
- Member of professional or learned societies: RSC and IOM3
- Member, EPSRC Peer Review College (ranked top 6% of College members for participating in peer review activities in the 2019/20 academic year)
- Editorial Board Member: Coatings, 2020–Present; Carbohydrate Polymers, 2020–Present; PLOS ONE, 2018–Present
- Peer review of many journal submissions (Publons profile)