AMMC Microscopy Suite
We have a fully comprehensive electron microscopy facility within WMG ranging from desktop Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) to Scanning/Transmission Electron Microscopy (S/TEM) and a range of equipment for sample preparation. Hover over each machine to find out more.
For more information about access to the AMMC microscopy lab and training, click here
FEI Versa 3D
FEI Talos TEM
The Talos F200X Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) provides fast and precise materials characterisation down to the atomic scale. The talos is capable of imaging in either conventional TEM mode or in Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope (STEM) mode.
The Talos is equipped with a range of analytical detectors and holders that enable a wide range of materials characterisation, including:
- Bright-field (BF), Annular Dark-Field (ADF), and High Angle Annular Dark Field (HAADF) STEM detectors.
- STEM resolution ≤0.14nm
- High performance 4K Ceta camera.
- Super-X quad EDS detector for chemical mapping.
- High-tilt tomography holder enabling 3D reconstruction.
- Nanomegas enabling scanning precesion electron diffraction for nano-scale orientation and phase mapping.
- DENS Solutions Wildfire In-situ heating holder which allows for simultaneous sample heating and imaging inside the microscope.
- A Model 2560 Fishione vacuum transfer tomography holder.