Many technologies, whilst described as “implementation ready”, do not have a robust application plan which can guarantee reliable, consistent results. The main thrust of the of the Advanced Body Joining program is to develop a robust knowledge base for the critical, targeted joining technologies identified.
- Identifying the technology and understanding its stated benefits
- Understanding how this technology is to be applied to a specific application and its benefits in that scenario.
- Understanding the overall Business Benefits and Risks.
- Process Window Evaluation - to understand how the process performs at its nominal design conditions.
- Process Stability Evaluation - to understand how the process performs when subjected to expected / designed process variation.
- Production Line trial - support is given when the process is trialled in a specific production application ensuring that the lessons learnt are applied.
Related Project Reports