The Drop Tower facility is typically used to validate or confirm the performance of a product or sub-assembly before prototype testing. This allows a supplier to refine their design and to have greater confidence that it will meet customer and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Compact tower with test capability equivalent to two conventional machines using off-the-shelf technology
- Energy delivery within a single vertically orientated frame using mass acceleration springs to drive the falling mass / specimen into the load cell and achieve the required energy / velocity
- Low to high energy combined with low to high speed
- Delivers impact energies up to 12kJ at 17 metres per second
- Conventional drop towers generally deliver speeds under 7m/s
Click on the images below to see full size...