This page lists research projects, research publications and conference presentations related to the materials on the site.
- 2008 - 2009: £9925 from the University of Warwick's Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund for development of the Warwick LEAP. (Tim Kelly and Dr Fei-Yu Chuang).
- 2006 - 2007: £20,000 from the University of Warwick's Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund, challenge fund for departmental e-learning project, for the development of GrammarTalk: an on-line grammar resource for international students at Warwick University. (Dr Hilary Nesi & Dr Fei-Yu Chuang).
2005 - 2007: £643,116 from HEFCE for the CUTE 2: Chinese University Teachers Training in English Project. (Dr Hilary Nesi, Dr Ema Ushioda and Tim Kelly, in partnership with the Language Centre, Cambridge University and Tsinghua University, China.)
- 2004 - 2005: $5000 from the TIRF (TESOL International Research Foundation) Doctoral Dissertation Grant for the project: The effectiveness of computer-based materials as a means of teaching the English article system. (Fei-Yu Chuang)
Chuang, F-Y. & H. Nesi (2008). GrammarTalk: international students' responses to an online grammar resourceIn Martin Edwardes (ed.) Proceedings of the BAAL Annual Conference: Technology, Ideology and Practice in Applied Linguistics. Scitsiugnil Press: London, UK.
Chuang, F-Y. & H. Nesi (2007). GrammarTalk: developing computer-based materials for the Chinese EAP student.In O. Alexander (ed.) Proceedings of the joint conference of BALEAP (British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes) and SATEFL (The Scottish Association for the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language) on New approaches to materials development for language learning. pp 315-330. Bern: Peter Lang.
Chuang, F-Y. & H. Nesi (2006). An analysis of formal errors in a corpus of Chinese student writing.Corpora 1 (2) 251-271.
In Meena Singhal (ed.) Proceedings of the 2nd International Online Conference on Second and Foreign Language Teaching and Research, pp 25-33. United States: the Reading Matrix Inc. (online at http://www.readingmatrix.com/conference/pp/proceedings2005/chuang.pdf ).
- Chuang, F-Y. & H. Nesi (2004). Accuracy and the Chinese learner: an EAP approach to teaching grammar. In T. Coverdale-Jones (ed.) Responding to the needs of the Chinese learner (pp. 26-32) University of Portsmouth Working Paper. University of Portsmouth.
|Selected Conference Presentations|
- Chuang, F-Y (2009). Lexical errors in Chinese students' academic English essays. Paper presentation at the IATEFL Annual Conference 2009, Cardiff.
- Chuang, F-Y. (2008) Lessons from a CALL project: integrating online grammar materials into the writing class. Virtual presentation at the third international blended learning conference on Enhancing the Student Experience. University of Hertfordshire, UK, 18th-19th June 2008.
Chuang, F-Y. (2006). An investigation into the difficulties Mandarin-speaking students have in using English prepositions. Paper presentation at the third Inter-Varietal Applied Corpus Studies (IVACS) group international conference on Language at the Interface. The Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics, University of Nottingham, UK.