The Writing for Publication Programme is for early-career academics for whom English is not their first language, who wish to write for publication in English language academic journals. The programme will focus not only on the language conventions and structuring of your article, but also on the strategies necessary for increasing the chances of your article becoming accepted by leading journals in your particular academic field. The programme consists of a 5 week on-line course which includes interactive discussion, tutorials and two live interactive webinars each week.
The next online course starts on Monday 18th January 2021
Key features of the course:
- An introduction to the structure of journals and where to position your article in the global context.
Investigating the general principles of structure: analysing and creating coherence.
- The structure and language of writing a clear introduction.
- Outlining your research methodology.
- A guided writing of abstracts.
- Discussing the implications of your research and concluding.
- The review process and how to respond to reviews.
- Strategies for finding and targeting journals in which to publish.
These aims will be developed through:
- A blended approach combining asynchronous input and synchronous interactive webinars.
- Practical, ‘hands-on’ approach with reference to established 'norms' for article writing
- An applied approach which enables participants to work within their own context.
- Optional tutorials throughout the programme.
- Optional post-course mentor scheme to help participant complete their article and navigate the journal application process.
- Access to an online Professional Development Portfolio, recording progress and achievement throughout the programme.
The programme fee is £1,725 and includes registration, access to small group tutorials and all tuition fees. If you are interested in this course, please register your interest.