Department Education Studies
Level Taught Postgraduate Level
Module leader Dr Pontso Moorosi
Credit value 30
Module duration 10 weeks
Assessment 100% coursework
Study location University of Warwick main campus, Coventry
This module will develop an understanding of educational change and improvement from a research and practical perspective, and look at how that can impact teaching and learning outcomes. You will be comparing, evaluating and critiquing international reform efforts and developing knowledge about the dynamics of improvement as a strategy for change.
Principal Module Aims and Outcomes
- To develop an understanding of leadership, educational change and improvement from a theoretical, research and practical perspective.
- To compare, evaluate and critique international educational reform efforts.
- To develop knowledge about the dynamics of leading improvement as a strategy for educational change.
- To understand the relationship between leadership, educational improvement and learner outcomes.
- To use models, theories, and conceptual frameworks from research and other literature to plan improvements and evaluate activities and programmes to improve achievement.
- Educational Change and Reform
- Improvement and Change
- Educational Effectiveness
- Educational Improvement
- Building the Capacity for Improvement
- Leading Improvement
- Improving Teaching and Learning
- Evaluating Improvement
|Lectures||8 sessions of 3 hours (8%)|
|Seminars||2 sessions of 3 hours (3%)|
|Tutorials||(0%)||1 session of 15 minutes|
|Private study||270 hours (90%)|
This module is a core module on MA Educational Leadership and Management, and an optional module on MA Childhood in Society, MA Education, MA Educational Innovation, MA Islamic Education: Theory and Practice, MA Global Education and International Development, and MA Psychology and Education.