Department Education Studies
Level Taught Postgraduate Level
Module leader Dr Tom Perry
Credit Value 30
Module duration 10 weeks
Assessment 100% Coursework
Study location University of Warwick main campus, Coventry
This is a core research methods modules for several of our MA programmes. It helps prepare students to undertake the independent research dissertation.
Principle Module Aims and Outcomes
- To introduce students to the various, sometimes competing, paradigms in educational research.
- To involve students in reading, critically, research papers, monographs and texts.
- To encourage students to identify the theoretical and methodological grounds on which educational research is based.
- To assess the efficacy of such research from a variety of perspectives and practices.
- Introduction to Research Philosophies
- From Research Questions to Research Design
- Data collection methods
- Ethical issues in research
- Methods of data analysis
|Lectures||5 sessions of 1 hour (2%)|
|Seminars||15 sessions of 2 hours (10%)|
|Private study||265 hours (88%)|
Presentation to small group as part of a larger Poster conference for PGT students. Marks are awarded for the poster as well as for the presentation