If you apply now, you will be starting your upgrade at Easter 2018.
This is ideal for our current trainees, NQTs and RQTs and alumni (within the last five years), who will have automatically gained 90 credits by doing their PGCE at The University of Warwick.
The MA in Professional Education enables you to develop an area of expertise and utilise up-to-date educational research to improve your classroom effectiveness. This course is suitable for you if you are in teaching and would like to improve your professional competence or progress into a more senior role. This course can be done entirely online.
- Develop an area of expertise in education that you are interested in
- Improve your opportunities for career progression into leadership and senior roles
- Enables you to use up-to-date educational research to improve your classroom effectiveness
- Supervised by highly qualified and experienced teachers who have taught in the Primary or Secondary sector
- Demonstrate research and evidence informed teaching
- Tailor teaching to learning needs through your research
- Interrogate and question educational theory
- Understand the nature and significance of your chosen educational issue
- Improve your professional confidence, critical thinking, writing, and collaboration skills
- Prepare for a PhD or EdD in education
- Provides opportunities to link back with subject experts at CTE.
To study for this Masters degree course you must hold a UK Bachelors degree with Honours at 2:2 or above, or equivalent level. You will already have a total of 90 CATS points from the University of Warwick PGCE programme (at any phase).
Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, you will need a minimum score of seven under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Please see their website for details.
This course can be done entirely online.
Part A : Summer Term (online)
Foundation Research Methods in Education - 30 CATS points
This module in Foundation Research Methods in Education provides the framework for Part B and it gives you the skills and knowledge to proceed to the next module. It is delivered online by the Centre for Education Studies.
Part B : 12 months (online or on campus)
Dissertation - 60 CATS points
A dissertation that is individually supervised by a member of academic staff, from the Centre for Teacher Education. Tutorials can be either by Skype or on the Warwick campus.
The cost of this MA is £4,085. This is payable in instalments.