Top ranking for student satisfaction amongst Russell Group
Top ranking for student satisfaction amongst Russell GroupMonday 20 Jul 2020
We are delighted to report that in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2020, 91.4 per cent of our students in the Department of Economics said that they were satisfied with the course as a whole which is 2.9 percentage points up on last year. This places Warwick as the top-ranked Economics department for student satisfaction among Russell Group.
This year’s survey closed on 30 April 2020 and the response rate from final year undergraduates in the Department was 85%.
The highest satisfaction scores were achieved in key areas of Teaching, Learning, Student Voice and Careers:
- 93.2 per cent of undergraduate agreed that: “staff are good at explaining things” and 94.1 per cent agreed that ‘the course is intellectually stimulating.”
- 92.2 per cent of students agreed that: “I have been able to access course-specific resources (e.g. equipment, facilities, software) when I needed to.”
- 91.1 per cent of undergraduates agreed that: “I have been able to contact staff when I needed to.”
- 91.1 per cent of students agreed that: “I have had the right opportunities to provide feedback on my course.”
- 91.2 per cent of students agreed that: “As a result of my course, I believe that I have improved my career prospects.”
Head of Department Professor Jeremy Smith has commented:
“l would like to thank our finalists for rating many aspects of their student experience so highly as this gives me and my colleagues a feeling of enormous satisfaction and pride in what we do. All feedback is important as it gives us ideas on how we can improve our teaching, learning and assessment even further.
I would like to pay a special tribute to all my colleagues in the Department: those with a front-facing role in the delivery of teaching and learning and those who work behind the scenes to make things run smoothly. The high student satisfaction scores are the result of the time, effort and devotion you show every day at work.”
Full NSS data is available on the Office for Students website.