1. Law and Economics: Torts and Courts
Session Chair: Jennifer Reinganum
- Andrew Daughety and Jennifer Reinganum (Vanderbilt University): "Secrecy and Safety"
Kathryn Spier (Northwestern University): "Manufacturer Liability from Harm Caused by Consumers to Others", (with Bruce Hay, Harvard University)
- Lewis Kornhauser (New York University): "Appeals Mechanism, Litigant Selection, and the Structure of Judicial Hierarchies", (with Charles Cameron, Columbia University)
2. Law and Economics: Government Policy Towards Corporations
Session Chair: Andrew Daughety
- Tracy Lewis (Duke University): "The Role of Breakup Fees, Stock Lockups and Toeholds in Takeover Contests", (with Yeon-Koo Che, University of Wisconsin)
- Daniel Rubinfeld (University of California, Berkeley): "Remedies for Overcharges: The Deadweight Loss of Coupons and Discounts", (with A. Mitchell Polinsky, Stanford University)
- Eric Talley (University of Southern California): "On Empowering Shareholders"