Here is the list of speakers and their papers for the session Optimal Tax Policy and Economic Growth
Optimal Taxation Theory
- Leslie J. Reinhorn (University of Durham): "Optimal Taxation with Monopolistic Competition"
- Amedeo Spadaro (Universitat de les Illes Balears) :"Government Beliefs about Individual Preferences: An Application of the Optimal Tax Inverse Problem" (with Francois Bourguignon, DELTA and World Bank)
- Bjørn Sandvik (University of Bergen):"Optimal Taxation and Normalizations"
Income Distribution and Taxation
- Kjell Erik Lommerud (University of Bergen):"Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution" (with Bjørn Sandvik, University of Bergen, and Odd Rune Straume, University of Bergen)
- Daniel Haile (Tillburg University) :"Inequality, Sub-optimal Taxation and Economic Growth" (with Lex Meijdam, Tillburg University)
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa C. (GREQAM):"Redistribution and Occupational Choice in a Schumpeterian Growth Model" (with Jean-Francois Wen, University of Calgary)
Externalities, Economic Efficiency, and Optimal Taxation
- Firouz Gahvari (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) :"Tax Reform versus Tax Design in the Presence of Consumption and Production Externalities (with Application to France)" (with Helmuth Cremer, University of Toulouse, and Norbert Ladoux University of Toulouse).
- Turnovsky S.J. and G. Monteiro:"Consumption Externalities, Production Externalities, and Efficient Capital Accumulation under Time Non-separable Preferences"
- Jacquet L.:"Optimal Income Transfer Programs: The Role of Welfare Stigma and Fraud"
Fiscal Policy and Endogenous Growth
- Hu Y. and Mino K.:"Fiscal Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model with Home Production"
- Semmler W. and Gang Gong:"Endogenous Growth and Public Investment"
- Zeng J.:"Allocation of Tax Revenues and Growth Effects of Taxation"
International and Regional Growth
- Palomba G.:"Capital Taxation and Accumulation in Open Economies"
- Zou B.:"Bridging the Gap between Growth Theory and the New Economic Geography: The Spatial Ramsey Model"
- Battarai K.:"Economic Growth: Models and Global Evidence"