"Institutions are the rules of the game in a society or, more formally, are the humanly devised constraints that shape human interaction." Douglass C. North, Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance, 1990.
Current Research Projects and Research Working Papers
Current Research Projects:
1. Rules and Rule Breaking (jointly with Ken Shepsle).
2. Marriage and Divorce (jointly with Marco Francesconi and Selma Walther)
3. Social Media and Protests (jointly with Robby Akerlof).
Research Working Papers:
1. A Race of Strategic Experimentation (jointly with Tasos Dosis)
2. Bargaining and Holdup: The Role of Arbitration (jointly with Yannick Gabuthy).
3. Stable Coalitions in a State of Anarchy.
4. Power and Inefficient Institutions, (jointly with Lutz-Alexander Busch).
5. Ex-ante Price Commitment with Renegotiation in a Dynamic Market, (jointly with Adrian Masters).
6. . An Economic Model of Child Custody'' (jointly with Marco Francesconi).
7. Union Formation in Closed-Shop and Open-Shop Regimes, (jointly with S. Gajanan).