- For all 2005-2009 papers related to my research on Mining and its impacts consult www.icmm.com. My own publications can be found under "our work" and then the "Resource Endowment Initative".
- Fiscal Policy for Development: Poverty, Reconstruction and Growth (edited with Tony Addison), Palgrave MacMillan in association with UNU-WIDER, July 2004 - hard-cover
- Fiscal Policy for Development: Poverty, Reconstruction and Growth (edited with Tony Addison), Palgrave MacMillan in association with UNU-WIDER, 2nd edition - paperback 2008
Asymmetries between Rich and Poor Countries in Financial Crisis Responses:the Need for a Flow-of-Funds Approach” , Journal of Economic Systems Research, Vol.15, No 2, June 2003
(with Shyamalendu Pal), "Overshooting Adjustment in a Primary Producing Country: Kenya 1973-82" in Adjustment in Oil Importing Developing Counties: A Comparative Economic Analysis, Cambridge University Press, 1994.
- Namibia: Public Expenditure Review, Report Number 13559-NAM, World Bank, Washington D.C., July 1995.
- "Seminar Summary" in Jayanta Roy (Editor), Fiscal Decentralisation and Economic Development, EDI Seminar Series, Washington DC, 1995.
- "From Direct to Indirect Monetary Control in Africa" Journal of African Economies, Vol.6 No. 1 1997.
- (with Paul Siegelbaum and Tim King) "Analyzing Financial Sector Reform with Special Reference to the Former Soviet Union", World Bank Policy Research Working Paper. No. 1982, 1999.
- "The Egyptian Banking System: Liberalization, Competition and Privatization", in M. El-Erian and M Mohieldin, Financial Development in Emerging Markets: The Egyptian Experience, 1999
- "Financial Crisis - A Necessary Step Towards More Efficient Banking Systems In Transition Economies?" Paper to Annual Meetings of the World Bank and IMF, Prague, September 24-26th 2000