Phone: +44 (0)24 765 28415
Email: K dot E dot Taylor at warwick dot ac dot uk
Working hours: Monday 8:45am to 2:45pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am to 4:30pm, Thursday 8:45am to 4.30pm, Friday 9.00am to 10.00am.
To manage the comprehensive range of teaching and learning services in support of the Department's strategic objectives to provide an outstanding teaching, learning and student experience throughout the student lifecycle and to provide leadership of the professional services staff involved in teaching and learning.
- Undertaking a lead role in the development and delivery of the Department's teaching and learning strategic plans.
- Member of Senior Management Team and the Departmental Teaching and Learning Committee, advising and briefing on academic standards, quality assurance, curriculum and programme design and regulatory compliance.
- With the Director of Studies, leading on the Department's preparation for the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), Institutional Teaching and Learning Review (ITLR), Teaching Excellence Group (TEG) and other internal or external quality assurance reviews.
- Leading and managing the delivery of high quality teaching and learning support services across all stages of the student lifecycle.
- Leading on planning for and responding to student survey results (NSS, PTES, PRES, International Student Barometer, including internal module evaluations) and drive forward the improvement activities to provide an outstanding student experience.
I have over twenty years' experience in higher education administration. Before my career at Warwick, I worked at Cardiff University, having been appointed to their graduate management training programme, from there becoming Departmental Administrator in the School of Optometry. I joined Warwick in 2003, and worked in roles within the Graduate School, Faculty of Social Studies secretariat and Teaching Quality. I moved to Economics as Teaching Programmes Manager in 2005, with administrative responsibility for the operation of the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes, and, after a departmental restructure, was appointed as Quality Assurance Manager in Economics in 2012. After a further restructure and the creation of a new role of Head of Administration (Teaching and Learning) in 2018, I was appointed into my current post. I hold a BA and MA in English Literature from the University of Wales, Cardiff.