His current research deals with the job-search process and discrimination against ethnic minorities. He is a research affiliate at the Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) and the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), an external research fellow at the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM) and a research associate at the Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Labour Economics
View my publications and recent work.
- Mismatch Unemployment and the Geography of Job Search, with Ioana Marinescu. American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, forthcoming
- Unemployment Insurance and Reservation Wages: Evidence from Administrative Data, with Thomas Le Barbanchon and Alexandra Roulet. Journal of Public Economics, forthcoming
- Measuring Segregation on Small Units: A Partial Identification Analysis, with Xavier d'Haultfoeuille, Quantitative Economics, 8(1), pp. 39-73, March 2017
- Local Ethnic Composition and Natives’ and Immigrants’ Geographic Mobility in France, 1982-1999, with Mirna Safi, American Sociological Review, 79(1), pp. 17-42, February 2014
- Do Labor Market Policies have Displacement Effects? Evidence from a Clustered Randomized Experiment, with Bruno Crépon, Esther Duflo, Marc Gurgand, and Philippe Zamora, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 128(2), pp. 531-580, May 2013
- Measuring Segregation when Units are Small: A Parametric Approach, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 30(4), pp.546-553, October 2012
- The Importance of Local Corporate Taxes in Business Location Decisions: Evidence from French micro data, with Patrick Sillard, The Economic Journal, 118(527), pp 499-514, March 2008
Coordinator of the Econometric and Labour Research Group