- National Employers Skills Survey for England 2009 (LSC, 2010)
- UK Employment and Skills Almanac 2009 (UKCES, 2009)
- Cogent: Scottish sector profile 2009 (Alliance of Sector Skills Council, 2009)
- Working Futures 2007-2017 (Wilson, Homenidou and Gambin, 2008)
- Energising Future Generations – Economic Report 2005 (UK Offshore Operators Association, 2005)
- Striking a Balance 2005 (UK Offshore Operators Association, 2005)
- Cogent 2005 Sector Skills Survey (Future Skills Wales, 2005)
Cogent reports and publications
Cogent AACS LMI report (2010)
Nuclear LMI Highlights (June 2009)
Nuclear Review (June 2009)
Skills for Science Industries: Skills at Work September (2008)
Cogent industry factsheets (2008):
The Skill Needs Assessment also has the following industry reports:
Cogent is an independent, employer-led organisation and is Sector Skills Council for the science industries, including: oil and gas; chemicals; pharmaceuticals; petroleum; polymer; and nuclear industries. The website has information on each of the Cogent industries linked to news about the industries and labour market information.
The Cogent Careers website has detailed information on each of the industries in the sector and includes information on: the industry; career paths; a day in the life of…; frequently asked questions; and useful links.