Habia research and publications
Produced by SkillsActive in association with Habia:
- Skills needs assessment for the hair and beauty sector (2007)
- Analysis of gaps and weaknesses: hair and beauty sector UK (2008)
- Assessment of current provision: hair and beauty sector (2008) (Available for: England; Wales; Scotland; and Northern Ireland)
- Skills survey of the hairdressing industry (2007)
- Skills survey of the barbering industry (2007)
- Skills survey of the beauty therapy industry (2007)
- Beauty therapy assessment strategy (2007)
- Nail services assessment strategy (2007)
- Hairdressing African type hair (2007)
- Barbering African type hair (2007)
HABIA – The Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA) is the national training organisation for the hairdressing and beauty industry sector. The HABIA websites contains: information on qualifications, training and routes into the sector; labour market information sub-sector skills needs; downloadable careers leaflets; information on the national occupational standards; plus continuing professional development for the sector.
Salonjobseeker – This website lists some hairdressing and beauty jobs, and offers some careers advice for job seekers.
Beauty Magazine – Trade magazine and web resource for those working in the beauty retail industry.
Professional Beauty – Website for those working in the beauty retail industry.