- UK Employment and Skills Almanac 2009 (UKCES, 2009)
- Skills for Logistics: Scottish sector profile 2009 (Alliance of Sector Skills Council, 2009)
- Working Futures 2007-2017 (Wilson, Homenidou, and Gambin, 2008)
- National Employers Skills Survey: Main Report (LSC, 2008)
- Skills for Logistics 2005 Sector Skills Survey (Future Skills Wales, 2005)
Skills for Logistics reports and publications
Reports from Skills for Logistics can be downloaded from the Research and LMI webpage, but users will need to register first. Publications include:
- Sector Skills Assessments for the freight logistics and wholesale sector (2010)
- Skills to Survive (2009)
- Logistic Sector Profile (2009) available for: England; Northern Ireland; Scotland; and Wales
- UK logistics factsheet (2009), plus regional factsheets for: East Midlands; East of England; London; North East; North West; South East; South West; West Midlands; and Yorkshire and Humber.
- Low Carbon Economy (Employer Forum Consultation) (2010)
Occupational facts and figures reports (2008) for:
- HGV drivers
- Other goods handling and storage occupations
- Post worker, mail sorter, messenger, courier occupations
- Storage and warehouse managers
- Transport and distribution clerks
- Transport and distribution managers
- Van drivers
Websites linked to careers information, education and training in logistics
Careers in Logistics – Website linked the Skills for Logistics Sector Skills Council website includes information on careers in the sector, job opportunities, routes into the sector together with training and education opportunities. It also includes extensive job profiles of both managerial and non-managerial occupations.
Chartered Institute for Logistics and Transport (CILT) – CILT (UK) is a professional body in the logistics and transport sector. The website includes information on careers in logistics and transport, a library service, plus information on training and qualifications in the sector.
Freight Transport Association (FTA) – The FTA website includes a vast amount of information on the sub-sector and issues that are important to the sector.
Skills for Logistics – The Skills for Logistics Sector Skills Council provides sub-sector information. This SSC is under development, so information is limited at present.
Road Haulage Association – Includes facts and figures about the sub-sector, together with commentary on policy developments that will impact on the sub-sector.
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) – The CIPS is an international organisation, based in the UK, serving the purchasing and supply profession. Dedicated to promoting best practice, CIPS provides a wide range of services for the benefit of members and the wider business community.