- Skillset and CCS Strategic Skills Assessment for the Creative Industries (Skillset and Creative and Cultural Skills, 2010)
- Strategic Skills Assessment for the Digital Economy (Skillset, Creative and Cultural Skills and e-skills UK, 2010)
- National Employers Skills Survey for England 2009 (LSC, 2010)
- UK Employment and Skills Almanac (UKCES, 2009)
- Working Futures 2007-2017 (Wilson, Homenidou, and Gambin, 2008)
- Creative Industries Economic Estimates Statistical Bulletin (Department for Culture Media and Sport, 2007)
- Staying ahead: the economic performance of the UK's creative industries (Hutton/Work Foundation, 2007)
- Performing arts industry (Skillset and Equity, 2005)
Skillset publications and reports
- Skillset AACS LMI report 2010
- Skillfast-UK AACS LMI report 2010
- Strategic Skills Assessment for the Creative Media Industries (2010) Also available for: England; Scotland; Wales; Northern Ireland; and London
- Women in Creative Media (2010)
- Employment Census (2009)
- From Recession to Recovery (2009)
- Creative Media Workforce Survey (2008)
- Feature Film Production Workforce Survey Report (2008)
- Why Her? Factors that have influenced the Careers of Successful Women in Film & Television
Balancing Children and Work in the Audio Visual Industries (2008)
- Impact of Online trading Research (2008)
- Profile of the Photo Imaging sector (2008)
Labour Market Intelligence Digest (2009)
- Animation (2009)
- Computer Games (2010)
- Facilities (2009)
- Film (2010)
- Interactive Media (2009)
- Photo Imaging (2009)
- Publishing (2009)
- Radio (2009)
- TV (2009)
A detailed list of Skillset’s research and publications is available on their website.
Skillset – Skillset is the Sector Skills Council for the creative media industries. The website has detailed information on the sector as a whole and all its industries. Information is available on training, occupational standards and qualifications together with national and regional data. The research section of the website has information collected from their workforce Census and highlights skill shortages and gaps.
Skillset careers – This is a section of the Skillset website and has information on: the industry and; the jobs linked to occupational profiles; training, work experience and qualifications; advice for freelancers; case studies by occupational group; and links. For further useful links go to the Skillset careers further support and resources.
The UK Film Council – This is a Government-backed strategic agency for film in the UK. It aims to stimulate a competitive and successful UK film industry. The website has information on filming and locations across the UK together with information on British sectoral qualifications and links to the screen agencies.
The UK Film Council regularly produces a Research and Statistics Bulletin detailing UK admissions, box office gross, film production and films on UK television. The latest editions are available on the website.
Creative and Cultural Skills is the Sector Skills Council website for crafts, cultural heritage, design, music, performing, literary and visual arts. It is an industry-led organisation operating across the UK. Creative Choices° is their online service to provide the tools, knowledge and networks to support every individual and business in the creative industries and cultural sector.
Department of Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) is a government body which aims to improve the quality of life for all through cultural and sporting activities, to support the pursuit of excellence and to champion the tourism, creative and leisure industries.