- National Employers Skills Survey for England 2009 (LSC, 2010)
- UK Employment and Skills Almanac 2009 (UKCES, 2009)
- GoSkills: Scottish sector profile 2009 (Alliance of Sector Skills Council, 2009)
- Working Futures 2007-2017 (Wilson, Homenidou, and Gambin, 2008)
- Go Skills 2005 Sector Skills Survey (Future Skills Wales, 2005)
- The Maritime Sector Labour Market Assessment: A review of the fishing, ports and shipping sub-sectors for the Maritime Skills Alliance (Mackinnon Partnership, 2005)
GoSkills research and publications
- GoSkills AACS LMI report (2010)
- Sector Skills Assessment (2010)
- Employer Skills Survey (2009) (Also available: England; Northern Ireland; Scotland; and Wales)
- Engineering Construction Sector Skills Assessment Cluster Report (England) (2009)
- Low Carbon Sector Skills Assessment Cluster Report (England) (2009)
- Wales Factsheet (2009)
- Scotland Factsheet (2009)
- Northern Ireland Factsheet (2009)
- Investigating the Needs of the Scottish Islands’ Water Passenger Transport Sub-sector (2006)
- Northern Ireland Transport Sector Skills Survey (2006)
GoSkills LMI Regional and National Fact sheets (2009)
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North West
- South East
- South West
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and Humberside
- Northern Ireland
Useful websites and information
Department for Transport - A government site on transport policies and strategies. The Department for Transport was set up to provide a stronger focus on delivering the Government's transport strategy. Its role is to set strategy and policy context, and to manage relationships with the delivery agencies.
GoSkills - GoSkills is the sector Skills Council for the Passenger Transport Sub-sector. The website contains sector, sub-sector and workforce data, and also regional data for the passenger transport sector. It is an employer-led organisation that operates throughout the UK to help employers and operators improve their business performance by developing staff skills and advising on issues such as funding opportunities, training providers and training tools.
Maritime Skills Alliance (MSA) -The MSA brings together the Fish Catching, Marine Leisure, Ports and Shipping sub-sectors in a strategic alliance to focus on the skills needs of the maritime sector.
The Transport Web - A useful website for information and services for those working in the transport sector including information on training and conferences.