- Skillsmart Retail: Scottish sector profile (Alliance of Sector Skills Council, 2009)
- Quantifying Perceptions of a Career in Retail (BMG Research, 2009)
- Working Futures 2007-2017 (Wilson, Homenidou, and Gambin, 2008)
- National Employers Skills Survey: Main Report (LSC, 2008)
- Skillsmart 2005 Sector Skills Survey (Future Skills Wales, 2005)
- An Assessment of Skills Needs in Retail and Related Industries (Skills Dialogue 8) (Harris and Church, 2002)
- Destination Retail: A Retail Survey of Young People's Attitudes Towards a Career in Retailing (Retail e-commerce task force, 2001)
Skillsmart Retail publications
- Skillsmart Retail AACS LMI report (2010)
- Skillsmart Retail Analysis: Current and future trends in UK retailing 2008-09 (2009)
- Skillsmart regional and national summaries (2008)
- Sector Skills Agreement Stage one: Assessment of current and future skills needs (2007)
- Sector Skills Agreement Stage two: Assessment of current provision (2007)
- Skillsmart retail – The Sector Skills Council representing the sector.
- Retail moves
- Retail Therapy – A bi-annual magazine, produced by Skillsmart Retail in-conjunction with The Independent newspaper, focusing on the key issues and topics affecting the UK retail industry.
- The Appointment – A careers magazine for retail, fashion and hospitality.
- The Retail Trust – The principle charity working in the retail industry offering help and guidance to people working in retail.
- Recruitment sites devoted to UK retail jobs: InRetail; Jobs in Retail; Hays Recruitment (retail); Sales Roles; Talisman
A number of universities have close links with the retail sector and undertake research into the sector. These include: