- The most common skills lacking or needing improving were initiative, problem solving, communication/customer care and sports specific technical skills.
- The median spend on training is £500-£999. Trained staff attended an average of 13 days training compared with a national average of 11 days.
- Coaching, teaching and instruction staff are most likely to receive training.
- 16,315 people participated in LSC funded learning on sport-related learning programmes.
- Total funding for sport related study in East Midlands was £10.3m - 9% of all-England sector spend on sport-related learning (estimated to be £121.7 million).
Source: East Midlands Sector Skills Agreement Regional Action Plan 2006 and Sector Skills Agreement Executive Summary – East Midlands 2006