- The SkillsActive sector contributed £1.17bn in output to the London economy in 2004 – more than twice the average annual growth rate of the whole London economy over the last 5 years.
- The most common skills that are lacking or in need of improvement are management, communication and project management.
- The median spend on training is £1,000 to £4,999. Trained staff attended an average of 10 days training, compared with a national average of 11 days.
- Management staff are the most likely to receive training.
- 16,974 people participated in LSC funded learning on sports related learning programmes.
- London Central LSC area appears to dominate enrolments (43%), whilst London North and London West record the lowest levels.
- Total funding for sport related study in London was approximately £13.23m– 11% of the all-England funding for the sector (estimated to be £121.7m).
Source: London Sector Skills Agreement Regional Action Plan 2006 and Sector Skills Agreement Executive Summary – London 2006