- The SkillsActive sector contributed £1.38bn in output to the South East economy in 2004 –growth in GVA has been over double that of the SE economy as a whole over the last 5 years.
- The most common skills lacking or needing improving were basic computer/IT skills, communications and sport specific technical skills.
- The median spend on training is £500-£999. Trained staff attended on average 6 days of training compared with a national average of 11 days.
- 22,790 people participated in LSC funded learning on sports-related learning programmes. The greatest proportions of learners were found within Hampshire, Sussex and Surrey.
- There is specific work-based learning for the caravan sub-sector in the South East at Sussex Downs College.
- The playwork industry remains largely dependent on Further Education provision. The main qualifications undertaken are certificates, NVQs and Diplomas in playwork.
Source: Sector Skills Agreement Executive Summary – South East 2006 and South East Sector Skills Agreement Regional Action Plan 2006