- The most common skills lacking or needing improving were sport specific technical skills, communication and equity skills.
- The median spend on training is £1,000-£4,999. Trained staff attended on average 14 days of training compared with a national average of 11 days.
- Coaching teaching and instruction staff are most likely to receive training.
- 18,530 people participated in LSC funded learning on sports-related learning programmes. However, learners were not evenly spread across LSC areas.
- Total funding for sport related study in the South West was £12.8m - approximately 11% of all-England sector spend on sport-related learning (estimated to be £121.7m)
- There is specific work-based learning for the caravan sector in the South West at Kingston Maurward College and New Quay for Excellent Training.
Source: South West Sector Skills Agreement Regional Action Plan 2006 and Sector Skills Agreement Executive Summary – South West 2006