- The most common skills that are lacking or in need of improvement are customer service, management, communications and initiative.
- The median spend on training is £1,000 to £4,999. Trained staff in the West Midlands attended an average of 5 days training, compared with 11 days in England.
- Managers and coaching, teaching and instruction staff are the most likely to receive training.
- 17,887 people participated in sports related learning programmes in 2003-04.
- Approximately £13.4m was invested in active leisure, learning and well-being courses – 11% of the total funding for the sector (£121m).
Source: West Midlands Sector Skills Agreement Regional Action Plan 2006 and Sector Skills Agreement Executive Summary – West Midlands 2006