Self-employment among the Armed Forces Community has been under-researched, including the identification of any differences between the general population in motivations and routes into self-employment, as well as the barriers and supports which can lead to success or failure.
What is the study about?
Forces in Mind Trust (FiMT) has commissioned a team from IER, along with their project partners QinetiQ and X-Forces, to find out about what more can be done to support the Armed Forces Community (ex-Services personnel, spouses and Reservists) in pursuing self-employment and thereby help to maximise their chances of a successful and sustainable transition. This research seeks to fill the current gap in knowledge and contribute to policy-making and service delivery.
We are interested in the self-employment of ex-Service personnel and Reservists, as well as the spouses of Service and ex-Service personnel and we would like to invite you to participate in a telephone interview. You are not obliged to give any personally identifying details. If you choose to do so, information will be anonymised. All data will be reported in such a way that it will not be possible to identify individuals.You will be sent a £15 Amazon gift voucher after the interview to thank you for taking part.
What if I want more information about the study?
If you have any further questions or comments about taking part in the research, please contact:
Dr Clare Lyonette, Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick
Email: C dot Lyonette at warwick dot ac dot uk Telephone: 02476 151615
What if I am interested in taking part in a telephone interview?
If you are interested in taking part in a telephone interview, we would contact you at a time convenient to you. For further details, please read the Participant Information Sheet and then complete the following:
Please read the following statements
- I confirm that I have read and understood the project page and the participant information sheet for the study 'Self-Employment and the Armed Forces Community'.
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily.
- I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I am free to withdraw at any time without giving any reason.
- The procedures regarding confidentiality (e.g. the anonymisation of data, etc.) have been clearly explained to me.
- The use of the data in publications and the archiving of data has been explained to me.