What we do
The Critical International and Political Studies (CRIPS) Graduate Working Group is a student-led initiative that aims to nurture a supportive and lively research environment for PhD students in PAIS.
On this homepage, you find our activities, events, and recent publishing achievements by PAIS-students. For questions or suggestions, please get in touch at crips at warwick dot ac dot uk!
- Mock First Year Review: 1st year PhD students present their priojects to 2nd and 3rd year students to receive feedback before their First Year Review.
- Annual Lecture: Inviting distinguished scholars to give a public lecture on a widely relevant topic. In previous years, our speakers have included Andrew Gamble, Colin Hay, Geoffrey Underhill and Ole Wæver.
- PhD Research Seminar: Possibility for PAIS and external PhD students to present their work in a friendly atmoshphere. If you would like to give a talk please get in touch!
- Professional socialisation workshops: Helping to develop skills, e.g. how to conduct fieldwork.
- PhD students' publications: A list of peer-reviewed publications that PhD students have published at PAIS. If you would like to include a publication, please let us know.
- Socials: CRIPS runs regular social events. Look out in particular for our Christmas Meal and End of Year BBQ.
Publishing Masterclass with Wes Widmaier (Griffith University)
1 November, 2pm