- Karim, Moch Faisal. "Institutional Dynamics of Regulatory Actors in the Recruitment of Migrant Workers: the Case of Indonesia" (Accepted for Publication in Asian Journal of Social Science 2017).
- Karim, Moch Faisal, “Integrating European Muslims Through Discourse? Understanding the Development and Limitations of Euro-Islam in Europe”, Journal of International Migration and Integration, 2017 (online first) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12134-017-0514-4).
- Karim, Moch Faisal. "Role Conflict and the Limits of State Identity: the Case of Indonesia in Democracy Promotion", Pacific Review, (2016) (eary view) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09512748.2016.1249908).
Karim, Moch Faisal and Chairil, Tangguh. "Waiting for Hard Balancing? Explaining Southeast Asia Balancing Behaviour toward China", 15.1 European Journal of East Asian Studies (2016) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/15700615-01501002).
- Karim, Moch Faisal. "How Ethnic Civil War Transforms into Religious Civil War: Evidence from Chechnya." CEU Political Science Journal 8, no. 1 (2013): 55-79. [Link to paper].
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters
Karim, Moch Faisal. "Local-Central Dynamics and Limitations of Micro-Regionalism: Understanding West Kalimantan and Sarawak Cross-Border Cooperation." In Balanced Growth for an Inclusive and Equitable Asean Community, edited by Mely Caballero-Anthony and Richard Barichello. Singapore: Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, 2015. [Link to paper]
- Indonesia and the UN Human Rights Council
- Searching for International Status: Understanding Indonesia’s Role Conception under Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono Presidency
- Understanding the Diffusion of Euro-Islam within European Muslim Organizations
- Reviving the Bandung Spirit: Indonesia’s Emerging Role in the South-South Cooperation
- Understanding Indonesia’s Role in Global Governance: a Middle Power Approach
- Moch Faisal Karim and Scott Edwards, South-East Asia takes stock after a year of alarming democratic decline, the Conversation, December 15, 2016.
- Moch Faisal Karim, Reinventing Regional Order in East Asia: a Southeast Asian Perspective, Thinking ASEAN, Issue 17/November 2016
- Moch Faisal Karim, Indonesia should promote democracy globally, starting with Egypt, East Asia Forum, August 22, 2013.
- Moch Faisal Karim, Local Politics and the Limits of Micro-Regionalism in Border Areas, the RSIS Centre for Non-Traditional Security (NTS) Studies' Blog, June 14, 2013.
- Moch Faisal Karim, ASEAN responsibility to protect, the Jakarta Post, August 3, 2012.