- Ethics and Politics after Poststructuralism: Levinas, Derrida, Nancy (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2013, 2016). 'Taking on the Political' series.
- Reviewed in Contemporary Political Theory (2015)
- Reviewed in Political Studies Review (2016)
- "An excellent book … makes a significant original argument” Professor Maja Zehfuss, University of Manchester.
- “Fagan’s imaginative inversion of poststructuralist ethics ... an interesting and provocative book’ Dr Vassilios Paipais, University of St Andrews.
- “Fagan offers an impressively sophisticated examination of poststructuralist theory and develops an important critique of contemporary ethical thinking” Professor James Martin, Goldsmiths, University of London.
- M. Fagan et al (eds) Derrida: Negotiating the Legacy (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2007).
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- (2017) M. Fagan, 'Who's afraid of the ecological apocalypse? Climate change and the production of the ethical subject' British Journal of Politics and International Relations 19(2) (2017): 225-244 (Lead Article).
- (2016) M. Fagan, 'Security in the Anthropocene: Environment, Ecology, Escape', European Journal of International Relations (2016) doi: 10.1177/1354066116639738 .
- ( 2009) M. Fagan, ‘The Inseparability of Ethics and Politics: Rethinking the Third in Emmanuel Levinas’, Contemporary Political Theory, 8(1) (2009): 5-22 (Lead Article).
- (2008), M. Fagan, ‘The Ontopolitics of Response: Difference, Alterity and the Face’ in Terrorism and the Politics of Response (London and New York: Routledge, 2008).
- (2007) M. Fagan and M. Suetsugu, ‘Conclusions: The Im/Possibility of Closure’, in Derrida: Negotiating the Legacy, (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2007).