Email: t dot r dot pate at warwick dot ac dot uk
Tanvi Pate is Visiting Fellow in the Department of Politics and International Studies (PAIS) at the University of Warwick. Her research interests include critical approaches to international relations and security with a focus on India’s bilateral relations, India and the global order, and South Asia politics. She holds degrees in International Relations from the University of Leicester (BA), the University of Warwick (MA) and (PhD). She is an Associate Fellow at the Higher Education Academy.
- Critical approaches to international relations
- Critical constructivism
- National identity and foreign policy
- Indian foreign and security policy
- India and the global order
- South Asia politics
- (forthcoming 2018) The United States, India and the Global Nuclear Order: Narrative Identity and Representation (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy).
- (submitted) ‘Soft power, strategic narratives, and state identity: Re-assessing India-Afghanistan relations post-2011.’
- Post-western world: how emerging power are remaking global order. Oliver Stuenkel, Cambridge: Polity Press, 2016, in International Affairs 93:2 (2017): 476-478.