- BURNELL, P. 2012. 'Democracy, democratization and climate change : complex relationships'. Democratization, 19 (5), pp. 813-842. Link to article (Journal's website).
- BURNELL, P. 2009. 'Is democratization bad for global warming?' CSGR Working Paper 257/09. University of Warwick. Link to article (pdf through University of Warwick website).
- BURNELL, P. 2009. 'Climate Change and Democratization, a Complex Relationship'. Policy Paper. Berlin: Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung. Link to article (Through Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung website).
- PAGE, E. 2012. ‘Evaluating the license to pollute: emissions trading, political legitimacy and procedural justice’, in Special Issue of Democratization, 19, (5), pp. 931-49. Link to article (Journal website).
- YOUNGS, R. 2009. 'Energy: a reinforced obstacle to democratization?' In: BURNELL, P. & YOUNGS, R. (eds.) New Challenges to Democratization. London, New York: Routledge. Link to article (PDF through Fride Website).