This module is not running in 2015-16.
The module will examine the relationship between normative ethics and business practise, and to examine the ethical implications of a range of business practices, including marketing, employment, investments, and executive compensation.
The following is a list of topics for this module in the 2014/15 academic year; precise seminar content may change from year to year.
- What is Business Ethics? Why are we interested in it?
- Ethical Theories and Their Application to Business Practices
- What is a Corporation?
- Who Does a Corporation Have Duties Towards? And Employee Rights
- Employee Rights Continued. And Markets and Capitalism
- The Moral Limits of Markets
- Tax Justice
- Climate and Sustainability Responsibilities
- Executive Compensation, and Marketing.
Timing and CATS
This module is running in the Spring term and is worth 15 CATS. There is also a 12 CATS version of this module with a slightly different assessment method for non-Philosophy students whose course structures require 12 CAT modules.