Stephen Butterfill (lecturer), Sue Chetwynd, Alex Kelly, Louise Richardson, Jonathan Roberts and Toni Tochel
This page and everything it links to is about the 2007-8 version of the module. Information about the current version of the module is here
This part-module provides a study of formal logic as presented in Barwise & Etchemendy: Language, Proof and Logic (CSLI publications, Stanford).
We are running lots of revision seminars for logic. These start on Thursday 15 May 2008.
Past Exam Papers with Answers
- May 2008 exam [pdf] (this is the one you just sat)
- answers to May 2008 exam [pdf] (these are answers to the one you just sat)
- past mock exam paper (April 2007/8) [pdf]
- answers to past mock exam paper (April 2007/8) [pdf]
- exam for May 2006/7 [pdf]
- answers to exam for May 2006/7 [pdf]
- past exam paper (April 2006/7) [pdf]
- answers to past exam paper (April 2006/7) [pdf]
Make it better
Leave feedback on seminars and lectures
Handouts and slides from lectures
The pages below show the slides and link to the handout in pdf format. Where I know about mistakes on the handouts and slides used in a lecture I have posted a corrected version here.
- lecture 01
- lecture 02
- lecture 03
- lecture 04
- lecture 05
- lecture 06
- lecture 07
- lecture 08
- lecture 09
- lecture 10
- lecture 11
- lecture 12
- lecture 13
- lecture 14
- lecture 15
- revision lecture 1
- revision lecture 2
Information concerning the 2005/6 and 2006/7 versions of this module
Materials from the module (exercises, notes) are here:
If you have any questions please contact Steve Butterfill.
Information sent to students on this course by email is available under news.