Thanks for booking to visit us on our Offer Holder Open Day - we look forward to meeting you and very much hope that you find our day enjoyable, useful and informative.
The full itinerary for you day is below, and we advise that you check this a week or so before you join us, in case there are any updates to the information since you booked. We have lots of sessions to make sure you get the most out of your day, and our friendly staff and ambassadors will be on hand during the day to answer any questions you may have - as well as help you with directions!
If you have any questions you need answering before the day or special requirements that you haven't included on your booking form, then do just let us know by emailing T dot MacSkimming dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk
Itinerary for Wednesday, 22nd February 2017
Morning - University Wide Offer Holder Open Day (if you choose to book this)
Afternoon - 12.00-15.00 Sociology Department Offer Holder Open Day
- 12.00- 12.20: Registration and Time to browse the Sociology Fair, Oculus Building Foyer
- 12.25-12.50: Introduction to Sociology at Warwick (By the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Goldie Osuri), Oculus Building, Room OC0.02
- 13.00-13.35: Lunch and informal chat, Department of Sociology Reception, Social Sciences Building
13.40 -.14.00: breakout sessions in small groups with current students and academic staff, Oculus Building, Rooms: OC1.03, OC0.05, OC1.08
- 14.10-15.30: Mini lecture/seminar by Dr. Anastasia Chamberlen; and Careers in Sociology Information by our Sociology Careers Consultant Christopher Manley, Oculus Building, Room OC0.04
- 15.30-16.00: Tea and Coffee
Parking on campus is limited to Blue Badge holders only. A Park & Ride service from the nearby Stoneleigh Park will be in operation, and campus is also well served by public transport. You can find more information about travelling to campus, overnight accommodation, places to eat and drink and accessibility on our website.
“Huge congratulations on your Offer! I really look forward to meeting you at one of our Offer Holder Open Days and hearing more about your sociological interests, passions and ambitions. The events we’ve planned will give you a taste of University life at Warwick, and of what it feels like to study sociology at one of the top Departments in the world".
Dr. Anastasia Chamberlen, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Warwick