1) Youth and political/civic participation/activism
Manning, N. (2010) 'Tensions in Young People's Conceptualisation and Practice of Politics', Sociological Research Online: http://www.socresonline.org.uk/15/4/11.html
2) Memory and the transmission of political heritage
3) Extreme Political movements
'Riots, fire, anger at tuition fees protest – and a defining political moment', Guardian, 12.12.10. Article links Browne review to the Comprehensive Spending Review and its intergenerational effects and political fall-out.
Civic Web Project: http://www.civicweb.eu/
This is an FP6 funded project coordinated by the Institute of Education, London exploring youth participation and the internet, specifically:
- the production of civic sites,
- the nature and characteristics of the sites,
- how different social groups of young people use and interpret such sites
- the relationship between online activity and civic participation ‘offline’.