- The Jew as outsider: postnational political community and European anti-Semitism 1990 to the present (Research fellow: Dr Veronique Altglas, University of Cambridge), Ford Foundation / Hanadiv Charitable Foundation £70,000, More
- ‘The elaboration of a paradigm: cosmopolitanism and military intervention’ (Research assitant: Dr William Smith, Department of Politics, University of Dundee), ESRC-funded research project (New Securities Programme), £44,241.
- Organiser and co-organiser of six international seminars, Social Theory Centre conferences on Social Theory after the Holocaust; Reading the Communist Manifesto: 150 Years Later (June 1998); and The Life and Work of Gillian Rose (December 2000); Social Theory Annual Lectures delivered by Prof. Alain Touraine, Prof. Hans Joas and Prof. Zygmunt Bauman; Social and Political Thought Visiting Seminars at the University of Warwick.
- Co-recipient of a number of Warwick Research and Teaching Innovations Fund awards and a three-year grant from the University Infrastructure Fund for the establishment of the Social Theory Centre.
- Co-recipient of an ESRC Research Seminar Award on Social Theory and Major Social Transformations (together with Profs. Peter Wagner and William Outhwaite, £15,000, 1997-98).