Director of Administration
(Philosophy, Politics and International Studies, and Sociology)
Tel: +44 (0)24765 73167
Room: Social Sciences Building Room B1.05
Jackie is Director of Administration across the three departments of Philosophy, Politics and International Studies, and Sociology. Her main responsibility is to lead on strategic development and to provide administrative oversight across the cluster.
Her main duties are:
- To work with the Heads of Department to devise, develop and implement departmental strategies.
- To work collaboratively across the departments with faculty and staff to support research income generation, teaching quality processes, programme development, student recruitment and admissions, internationalisation, widening participation, public engagement and research impact.
- To provide a bridge between activities in the cluster departments and the University's central administrative teams.
- To lead the administrative teams in the three cluster departments developing synergies and sharing best practice.
- To lead administrative-academic collaborations in each department to develop and enhance relationships with external stakeholders such as schools, policy makers, and international partner universities.