- Member of the British Sociological Association
- Ageing, Body and Society Study Group (British Sociological Association)
- Centre for the Study of Women and Gender, University of Warwick
- Feminist and Women's Studies Association (FWSA)
Academic Events - Current and Past
- My colleague, Simon Blake, University of Nottingham, and I have just won the BSA Postgraduate Day School Event Prize. The event, Postgraduate Disability Research: A Critical Space to Engage, will provide a platform for postgraduate students to present and discuss their research. Excitingly, Professor Dan Goodley and Professor Carol Thomas have been confirmed as keynote speakers. Please click on Critical Disability Space tab on the left.
More details on the event will be provided in due course.
- Currently postgraduate representative on the Research Support Committee (Department of Sociology)
- Co-organiser of the Centre for Study of Women Gender's Postgraduate Seminar Series 2010-2011
- I was part of the team organising the Sociology Department's IV Annual Postgraduate Conference, entitled Whose Rights? How Right? The conference took place on Saturday 13th March 2010 at the University of Warwick.
- I have worked in supporting roles for the ESRC funded Surgical Solutions: An Obesity Surgery Workshop, October 2009 and Fat Studies and Health at Every Size: Fat in the Clinic Seminar, May 2010