August 2010 to June 2011
Amended and updated the Joint Initiative for the Study of Latin America and the Caribbean (JISLAC)’s online database of Archives and Libraries in the United Kingdom which hold material concerning those regions.
Records Officer at the Bermuda Archives
May- Sept 09, Dec 08 & Jan 09, May - Aug 08
- Answered remote and face-to-face reference enquiries from academic and genealogical researchers
- Conducted supplementary archival research and created précis of all the archival documents used for an exhibition entitled “A Very Manifest Alteration’, Pilot ‘Jemmy’ Darrell: The Legal Status of Free People of Colour in Bermuda 1793-1816 (Jun 2009)
- Amended incorrect personal and place names in the Bermuda Slave Registries of 1821 and 1834
- Co-ordinated a lecture series.
Freelance Editor for the National Archives at Kew
December 07 and May 08
Edited the content of the Victorian section of The National Archive’s ‘Moving Here’ school’s website.
July 07 – July 08
Conducted archival research concerning Bermudian involvement in the Haitian Revolution as part of a team of researchers led by Dr. Clarence Maxwell.
Archives Officer at The National Archives at Kew
March 04 – March 07
- Worked on the ‘Your Caribbean Heritage Project’;
- Catalogued documents from the Colonial Office series with my main focus being CO 37, the Bermuda series, between 1780 and 1926;
- Ran seminars, presented conference papers, supervised agency staff, and managed cataloguing targets.