To export your email you will need to launch the Import/Export wizard in Outlook 2010
- In Outlook firstly go to the File menu, navigate to Open, and click Import
- In the Wizard, select the Export to a file option and then click Next.
- Under the 'Create a File of Type' menu, select Outlook Data File(.pst) and click Next.
- Select the mailbox to export and make sure Include subfolders is checked, this makes sure that all data including, Emails, Calendar, Contacts, Drafts, etc are exported. To export only a single folder, choose that folder from within your mailbox and click Next.
- Now give the backup file a name and choose the destination where you want it to be saved to and click Finish.
- Lastly, enter the Password to secure the backup file.
- Once done, it will again ask you to enter the password again therefore enter the same password and the wizard will begin exporting your data.
During this process your Outlook might become unresponsive for a few seconds. When it becomes responsive again it means that the export is complete. You can then verify the export file by visiting the destination where you saved it.