WBS provides you with a student email account that is hosted by Google. As well as email this provides a range of other benefits such as Google Docs and Calendar. We encourage our students to make full use of this account and it will continue to work indefinitely after your WBS course finishes.
We appreciate however that some students will not wish to use this account but instead to forward any messages received to a personal email account. This explains how to do this.
- Visit http://mail.wbs.ac.uk and log in as normal with your WBS username followed by @mail.wbs.ac.uk (see below for an example) and WBS password.
- Click the Gear icon and select Settings
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Then click 'Add a forwarding address'
- Enter the email address to which you wish to foward all future messages. Click Next and then OK to confirm.
- Leave that Google Settings page open. In order to forward messages to another account you need to prove that you 'own' that personal account. In a few minutes you should receive a verification message into your personal account. Copy the verification code and enter it into the relevant section Google mail section. Click 'Verify'.
- Finally, select this forwarding address (you may need to refresh the page to see this option). We recommend you select the option to also retain a copy of the email in your WBS email account
Any new messages sent to your WBS email will now automatically be forwarded to your personal account. A copy will also be retained in your WBS account.