You have been asked to clear the cookies in Internet Explorer to fix a problem with logging into my.wbs.
Procedure (quick version)
This procedure is very simple but will delete all your cookies. The only negative effect is that your computer will ‘forget’ any saved usernames and passwords and hence you will have to log back in to certain websites that store information about you. If this is too inconvenient then you can follow the longer procedure given below.
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click Tools > Internet Options...
- On the ‘General’ tab click the ‘Delete…’ button
- Untick all the options except Cookies and click Delete
Procedure (advanced version)
- This procedure requires a little more experience but allows you to selectively delete the single cookie that is causing your problem.
- Start Internet Explorer and click Tools > Internet Options…
- On the General tab click the ‘Settings … “ button
- Click ‘View Files’
- Click View > Arrange Icons by > Name
- Scroll down the list of files until you find one that is of the form:
- With this cookie selected click File > Delete
- Click Yes when asked whether you are sure you want to delete the selected cookie
- Restart Internet Explorer and try to log into my.wbs again.
If you have any comments/questions about this tip sheet please send them to email@example.com